May 3, 2023
Two Weeks Until the ASA Staffing Law Conference
The ASA Staffing Law Conference is the only event dedicated exclusively to the legal and regulatory issues facing staffing, recruiting, and workforce solutions companies—but it isn’t just for attorneys. This year’s sessions will deliver critical information for owners, c-suite executives, human resource leaders, recruiters, talent managers, and more.
Get the expert-level, reliable information you need to protect your company, capitalize on growth opportunities, engage effectively and legally with talent, and keep operational costs down. Come to the ASA Staffing Law Conference, May 18–19 at the Grand Hyatt Washington in Washington, DC. Visit staffinglawconference.net for more information and to register at the lowest rate available. You’ll save even more when you register more than five people from your company.
Mastech Digital Reports First Quarter 2023 Results
Private Sector Employment Increased by 296,000 Jobs in April
ISM: Services Activity Grew in April
Job Openings Near Two-Year Low as Layoffs Jump
Biden Administration Ends Federal Vaccine Mandates—What This Means for Employers
OFCCP Releases Revised Disability Self-ID Form
On-Call and Standby Time: Do We Really Have to Pay Employees When They Are Not Working?
California High Court Confirms Wages Due on Weekends, Holidays May Be Paid Next Day
Florida Gun Law Bars Employers From Conditioning Employment on Carry Authorization
Nearly Half of Large Companies Are Not Prepared for the 2023 Pregnant Workers Fairness Act
Nurse Turnover Rate Significantly Higher Than Prepandemic Levels
Nurses Flock Back to Hospitals After Leaving in the Pandemic
Learn From Your Peers—ASA Virtual Networking Calls Start Next Week
As your staffing firm faces evolving challenges and tries to answer unexpected questions, are you dealing with questions that are specific to your sector of the staffing industry? Get insight from industry peers during a peer networking call where you can discuss top-of-mind challenges and devise solutions. Calls are facilitated by volunteers from ASA (participants will not receive official legal updates or guidance regarding Covid-19).
Get the full schedule and register at americanstaffing.net:
- Industrial section: Tuesday, May 9, 1–2 p.m. Eastern time
- Professional–managerial section: Wednesday, May 10, 1–2 p.m. Eastern time
- Health care section: Thursday, May 25, 1–2 p.m. Eastern time
- Staffing technology: Thursday, May 25, 3–4 p.m. Eastern time
- Hospitality staffing: Thursday, June 8, 1–2 p.m. Eastern time
- Procedures for maximum effectiveness: Tuesday, June 13, 1–2 p.m. Eastern time
- Direct hire section: Wednesday, June 14, 1–2 p.m. Eastern time
- Engineering, IT, and scientific section: Thursday, June 15, 1–2 p.m. Eastern time
- Internal human resource professionals: Thursday, June 22, 1–2 p.m. Eastern time
Networking calls are open to ASA members and members of ASA sections, which are sector-specific communities that provide resources, webinars, town hall forums, and sector-specific news for member companies and their employees. To join a section, update your profile on ASA Central.
Return to Headlines
Earn Recognition for Your Staffing Stars, Social Responsibility Efforts, and Job Training Programs
Gain national recognition for your company—and leverage that recognition to differentiate your firm in your most competitive markets—by participating in the American Staffing Association’s prestigious professional recognition programs. ASA is now accepting applications for the ASA Care Awards, ASA Elevate Awards, and National Staffing Employee of the Year. The deadline for applications is May 19.
- The ASA Care Awards recognize outstanding social responsibility initiatives among ASA member companies.
- The ASA Elevate Awards recognize outstanding, innovative, and effective work-based learning programs that train, reskill, and upskill temporary and contract talent.
- The ASA National Staffing Employee of the Year and Sector All-Stars program honors individuals nominated by ASA member companies who best exemplify one or more of the staffing industry’s key messages—bridge and flexibility.
Being named as one of the best in the industry is a valuable tool your company can use to sell to clients and engage with talent. To learn more and submit a nomination, visit americanstaffing.net/awards.
Return to Headlines
ASA Corporate Partners
Staffing Today is published by the American Staffing Association, with news abstracts copyrighted in 2024 by SmithBucklin of Chicago, IL, and all other content copyrighted in 2024 by ASA. No part of this publication may be reproduced without permission.