Nurse staffing is a highly regulated segment of the staffing industry. To help protect nurse staffing firms from legal risk and help them better serve their clients and employees, ASA created Nurse Staffing Firm Best Practices and Operations Information. This information was developed by the ASA health care section policy council, which is composed of ASA health care staffing firm company representatives committed to the development of education, tools, and resources for the health care staffing sector.
The best practices address compliance with laws and regulations; determination of applicant experience and qualifications; client relations; and complaint, grievance, and incident management.
In addition to the best practices, these documents are available:
- Employment Application
- Supplemental Employment Questionnaire
- License or Certification Verification Form
- Skills Checklist for a registered nurse
- Reference Check Form
- Orientation Verification
- Acknowledgement of OSHA Training Requirements
- Employee Health Form
- Office of Inspector General Exclusion Search
- Hepatitis B Consent and Vaccination Record
- Model Agreement for Health Car Staffing (including Sample Rate Schedule, Sample Benefits Waiver for Assigned Employees, Sample Confidentiality Agreement for Assigned Employees)
- Initial Shift Evaluation of Supplemental Staff Form
- Client Feedback Form
To view the Nurse Staffing Firm Best Practices and Operations Information, visit americanstaffing.net.