Indianapolis Star (09/05/12) Jill Disis
On Sept. 4, 13 contract workers at the Indiana State Fair employed by On-Demand Staffing were taken to local hospitals after feeling light-headed while power-washing floors in the fairgrounds’ Exposition Hall. A spokesman for the fairgrounds says 11 gas-fueled machines were in use at the time, and a lack of ventilation along with high humidity levels could be responsible for them falling ill. None of the workers was seriously affected by the fumes, and fair officials are looking into whether they should reduce the number of power washers, discontinue their use altogether, use portable fans, or consider alternative cleaning methods to prevent similar problems in the future.
Say Goodbye to Mundane Tasks and Hello to Efficiency
Are you accustomed to using a plethora of resources to recruit the right candidates? Our research shows that the average firm spends around five hours logging in and out of systems to source candidates to fill one job. We’re excited to announce the next level in candidate sourcing: CareerBuilder Talent Discovery, a platform that has everything in ONE place.