Online Community

ASA Central

A dynamic online community for ASA members to exchange ideas and best practices, and connect with industry peers in their sector. Visit the site ›
Find Goods & Services

ASA Marketplace

This powerful online resource enables staffing companies to find and access industry supplier information, products and services. Visit the site ›
Daily Publication

Staffing Today Newsletter

Your #1 daily source for news about the workforce industry. With versions available to members and nonmembers. Visit the site ›
Health Care Reform

Affordable Care Act Resources for Staffing

Up-to-date news, resources, interactive tools, and more—all focused on helping ASA members comply with the ACA. Visit the site ›
Advertisers & Exhibitors

Staffing Industry Suppliers

ASA has numerous and diverse marketing opportunities available to help you reach the rapidly growing staffing industry. Visit the site ›
Exclusive Products

ASA Store

From certification packages and study guides to marketing tools and data reports, ASA resources add value to your business. Visit the site ›

U.S. Consumer Prices Rose 0.4% in May

Wall Street Journal (06/18/15) Eric Morath; Jeffrey Sparshott

Consumer prices posted the largest monthly increase in May since February 2013, a signal of modest inflation. The consumer-price index increased a seasonally adjusted 0.4% in May from April, according to the U.S. Department of Labor. Higher gasoline prices drove the overall index higher. Excluding the energy and food categories, core prices rose 0.1%. Economists polled by the Wall Street Journal had forecast overall prices would rise 0.5% and core prices would increase 0.2%.

Overall prices were unchanged from a year ago, and core prices were up 1.7%.